Fishing locations in Richmond are monitored by the Kentucky Department of Fish and Wildlife. Call 800-858-1549 for more information. A Fishing License is required for children 16 and older. Get a fishing license. View places to fish nearby:
- Central KY WMA: The WMA is located at US 421 S of Richmond; left on Dreyfus Road to Management Area. 1 and 4.5-acre ponds. Year-round shoreline access only. View additional fish and lake information.
- Fort Boonesborough State Park: Located off I-75 N of Richmond to KY 627 exit; North to a state park, the park is year-round boat access to Kentucky River. You may also launch a kayak or canoe. You can loan fishing poles at the campground grocery store. View additional fish and lake information.
- Lake Reba Fishing Pier and Cleaning Station: Located at 299 Lake Reba Drive, Lake Reba is a 75-acre fishing lake with fishing access on the Lake Reba Parks and Camp Catalpa Parkside. The boat dock parking lot is accessible 24/7 (April through November) - Trolling Motors only. Park Closes at Dark (December through March). View the Lake Reba Fishing Guide (PDF). Find additional fish and lake information.
- Owsley Fork Reservoir: The Reservoir is located off US 421 S of Richmond; left on KY 21 near Big Hill. It is a 150-acre lake with a very limited park; part of the lake in Jackson County. The ramp is only open during daylight areas. View additional fish and lake information.
- Poosey Ridge Ramp: Located off KY 52 SW of Richmond, right on Highway 1295 to Kirksville, right on KY 595 to River contains year-round boat access to Kentucky River (ramp fee). View additional fish and lake information.
- Valley View Carrydown: Located in Madison County off KY169 N of Richmond to Valley View Ferry on KY River, The Valley View Carrydown can be used as a canoe/kayak carry down. Please yield to ferry and vehicular traffic. View additional fish and lake information.
- White Hall Park: Located at the end of White Hall Shrine Road, just off I-75's Exit 95, White Hall Park features a 5.6-acre lake. Fishing during daylight hours only. No boating is allowed. Find additional fish and lake information.
- Wilgreen Lake: Located on Wilgreen Lake Road, Wilgreen Lake is a 141.7-acre fishing lake. Boats must be idle-speed only. Year-round access to the lake and marina. Find additional fish and lake information.
For more information, please email Parks and Recreation or call 859-623-8753.